BAT is currently recruiting for an exciting role of a Disruptive Technology & Innovation Scientist to join the Strategic Science & Technology (SS &T) team based in Southampton.
The main purpose of the role is to provide technical insights that may improve the current tobacco and nicotine innovation pipeline, and drive the identification of game-changing business opportunities.
- Define a key set of intelligence parameters that can improve our innovation roadmaps and pipelines, including Intellectual Property, competitor strategies, technology trends, academic publications etc.
- Develop and maintain an industry leading network of intelligence providers.
- Discover and understand new to BAT technology, becoming the key contact until the technology is assessed
- Develop a working knowledge of technology across numerous categories and industries.
- Ability to address new problems from 1st principles.
- Identify requirements for and approve procedures/process to ensure ‘Best Practice’ is followed.
- Application of formal project management.
- Planning – short & long term workload.
- Understands, promotes and applies their responsibilities under the EH&S policy.
- Budget – forecast, plan and track spend. Adheres to financial process and controls.
- Provision of appropriate coaching to support others.
- Initiator and lead representative in interactions with SS&T technology platform teams.
- Key networking ability when representing BAT at conferences & tradeshows outside of tobacco community
- Initiator or key representative in interactions with intelligence providers.
- Write technical presentations as required.
- Provide technical training and coaching for team.
- Ability to link technical landscaping and consumer opportunity spaces, and to use these to build business recommendations for project progression and consumer direction