| || Would you like to work in a dynamic and challenging environment where you will be supported to reach your potential?|
An exciting opportunity has become available for a GI State Business Manager to join our Key Accounts team and work with our GI outlets and key accounts across Victoria and Tasmania, based in our Melbourne office.
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
There’s no doubt our industry is controversial — we’re the first to admit that. But rest assured, we take a responsible approach to our trade. In our market, we observe every law and regulation regarding tobacco (in many cases going further through our own voluntary code). Not only that, we treat our Global farmers fairly, invest in the environment and help to sustain local communities.
We also excel at developing our own people into leaders of the future. As a firm with a high-performance culture, we’ll expect a lot from you. But we’ll support you every step of the way to help you deliver. If you’re passionate and ambitious, rapid career progression is a reality here. And because we’re such a large firm (we employ more than 55,000 people worldwide), there are plenty of exciting opportunities for you to develop a truly extraordinary career.
About the Role:
In the role of GI State Business Manager, your typical daily activities will involve:
- develop and lead the implementation of your account plan to maximise performance
- managing operational execution of cycle plan activities and projects, utilising relationships with key accounts and the national field team
- develop and manage the execution of pricing and promotional strategies
- measure and evaluate the effectiveness of activities and processes
- work within the Grocery Independent and National Key Accounts team to deliver against our business targets
- create strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the retail landscape
You should ideally possess the following attributes:
- you will have at least 3-5 years’ experience in Account Management
- you will have the ability to meet and exceed performance targets and execute specific account plans and the national strategy
- you will possess strong account management and negotiation skills
- you will demonstrate customer focus with comprehensive communication skills and the ability to express yourself verbally
- you will possess strong analytical ability to proactively identify trends, issues and opportunities and translate these into insightful and compelling commercial stories and recommendations
- you will possess the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- you will possess resilience and initiative, with a ‘can do attitude’
If you are successful, you will receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package including bonus and car allowance
- Above statutory superannuation
- Company laptop and smart phone
- Opportunities for regular Learning and Development training
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BATA is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity at our company.
If the above appeals to you, do not hesitate to apply today.