We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Strategy & Planning Manager for Technology to join the new Procurement Strategy & Planning team. This team is part of the Global Procurement team and is based in London.
This role is responsible for supporting the development of a Procurement Technology strategy and Roadmap and to lead its group wide implementation.
As an expert in the use and application of Procurement systems (e.g. Emptoris, Ariba, SAP) and solutions (e.g. e-RFX, eAuction, spend analysis and analytics) the owner will champion the use of technology across Procurement globally.
Working closely with BAT IT, the role supports the implementation of global technology initiatives and provides “change management” support within Procurement across the geographies.
This role is responsible for developing and managing the delivery of consistent procurement technology standards, platforms and policies, ensuring effective planning and target setting to fully leverage BAT’s Procurement technology investment.
The role plays an important part in providing support, training and direction with the operational implementation of Procurement technologies and driving continuous improvement.
- To support the development and implementation of a Procurement Technology Strategy and Roadmap.
- To support the development of a procurement data and knowledge analytics capability to fully exploit existing and new technologies
- To champion, embed and oversee the on-going development and continuous improvement of procurement technology systems and tools across Procurement globally
- To ensure effective planning and target setting for Procurement Technology deployment and delivery, reporting against the plan
- To design and deliver workshops / seminars and training events to support the delivery of the Procurement strategy and roadmap
- To lead specific procurement projects as required to identify options and opportunities to support delivery of savings and value targets through innovative use of technology
- To own the delivery of consistent procurement technology standards, platforms and policies
- To own “change” related to Procurement technology and support communication and implementation across Procurement globally.
- Effective management and prioritisation of the support / resources needed to deliver the Procurement Technology Strategy, Road Map and supporting activities
- Project management of procurement technology implementation projects across Procurement globally
- To manage the Procurement Technology project portfolio and be aware of other IT or Procurement projects ensuring alignment and successful delivery
- To ensure and maintain compliance to relevant Procurement Technology Policies, Standards and Platforms
- To coordinate communication related to Procurement Technology where required.
- To coordinate the delivery of technology related education and training.
- To manage any related Procurement Technology budgets
- Cultivate a close working relationship with BAT IT functions, maintaining a strong network of contacts and be able to influence team members of a wide grade range across the IT function.
- To look for opportunities for continuous improvement in existing technology implementations and coordinate research and analysis into emerging procurement technologies and applications, providing insights and recommendations for members of the Procurement Leadership Team
- Continually develop Procurement Technology policies, standards and procedures across Procurement globally undertaking a periodic review of how the function is performing and making recommendations on next steps and potential developments