We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Strategy & Planning Manager for Supplier Management to join the new Procurement Strategy & Planning team. This team is part of the Global Procurement team and is based in London.
This role is responsible for developing an integrated Supplier Management and Strategic Supplier Relationship Management approach across the Group, taking account of external best practice, and including enabling tools, systems and processes where applicable.
The role is also responsible for developing a segmented approach to supplier sustainability, ensuring that the Group’s sustainability agenda is driven as part of Supplier Management, and that there is alignment both at Group level, and also consistency across geographies
- To manage the delivery of Supplier Management Programs and Strategic Supplier Relationship Management processes to Global and End Markets stakeholders in Procurement and the Business
- To drive supplier sustainability audit programmes, ensuring effective prioritisation and integration within wider Supplier Management activity
- To own Supplier Recognition and Awards process
- To own Task Force deployment for specific Global Supplier projects
- To act as subject matter expert for Procurement in relation to Supplier Management, Strategic Supplier Relationship Management and Sustainability
- To promote continuous process improvement through knowledge sharing
- To drive supplier’s performance measurement across the Business, based on relevant data from SAP and inputs from custodians from other functions. Analyse the results and ensure sustainability of the process
- To manage and collate Procurement sustainability reporting for information published externally on bat.com and within BAT’s Sustainability Report, and ensure that all information is available in an auditable format for external verification.
- To consolidate and provide reporting on Supplier Management, Strategic Supplier Relationship Management and Sustainability and make development recommendations to the Procurement Leadership Team (PLT)
- To deliver agreed numbers of suppliers’ audits using both internal and external resources
- Own the risk assessment process and relevant data preparation, cleansing and analysis, supplier questionnaires and results analysis / recommendations
- Annual supplier classification – run the process based on data from TaO, and other relevant systems
- Third Party Information Risk Assessment - coordination the process between Procurement and Legal
- End Markets SRM training – ensure that process is consistent and best practice is shared across BAT
- To maintain relationships with Group Head of Environment, Health and Safety and the International Sustainability Manager to drive BAT’s sustainability agenda
- To ensure that a virtual network of resource is managed and maintained on a Global basis to execute relevant processes
- To develop and manage virtual teams within the Procurement community and other key business partners involved in Supplier Programme Management and Strategic Supplier Relationship Management to optimise process execution and develop process enablers.
To look for opportunities for continuous improvement in Supplier Programme Management and Strategic Supplier Relationship Management processes and tools, undertaking a periodic review of how the Global and End Markets functions are performing and making recommendations on next steps and potential development to Procurement Leadership Team (PLT)