BAT Careers - Home
Apply for job
Save to basket
Demand Planning Executive (12 month FTC)
Job purpose and key deliverables
The Demand Planning Executive is responsible for managing the on-going monthly demand forecasting process to required quality and accuracy levels. Also responsible for providing timely demand updates for monthly planning processes and long-term forecasting. This is a 12 month FTC with possible opportunities to extend/convert in the future.
• To lead the monthly demand forecast process for the assigned customers, ensuring agreement of the final forecast figures by all involved parties.
• To deliver demand forecast within the accuracy target by analysing SKU demand profile on customer level by SKU based on sales data, market and trade situation, analysis of variance and understanding performance drivers.
• Ensure that all planned activities are timely communicated to the Regions and correctly reflected in the forecast by SKU/Customer.
• Monitor monthly sales plan execution; perform on-going forecast accuracy analysis and challenge the reasons of inaccuracy and submitted assumptions.
• Drive forecast process improvements and lead projects on improvements implementations.
• Support delivery of annual CoPlan
Support the embedding of NGP operations from a demand/forecasting perspective.
• Challenge accuracy targets, review those to match the changed market environment and demand profiles, providing opportunity to reduce stock levels.
• Drive team work between all participants of forecast generation process to deliver forecast in time and to the target accuracy results
• Ensure that all required information is aligned and reflected in demand forecast.
• Be a champion of IT tools supporting the forecasting process (SAP ECC / SAP APO / Business Objects) and support forecasting process by these tools. Suggest system improvements if required and drive implementation of these improvements.
• Lead training process for new participants on forecasting process and IT tools.
• Act as an SAP super user especially with regards to:
o Assist end users in resolving process and system queries, utilising available training and reference materials. For genuine system issues, assist end users in logging incident with IT Service Desk.
o Coordinate on-going knowledge and skill acquisition relating to systems and processes for new and existing users
o Create and/or maintain any local-specific process, training and reference materials
o Participate in User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing activities for future system changes and enhancements
o Identify opportunities for system and process optimisation and support Change Request and Governance processes
o Participate in Communities of Practice to share experience across markets and regions, contribute to best practice development and support rollout of best practice/enhancements etc.
o Assist in development, testing and (if necessary) implementation of Business Continuity Plans
• Enforce conformance to agreed procedure of forecasting by all the process’ participants.
• Constantly communicate with NPI/Brand/Trade teams on any changes in brand plans for the horizon of 6 months to timely communicate and execute the changes in the forecast
• Highlight identified constraints of forecast delivery to all process participants and coordinate risks minimization.
• Communicate monthly forecast accuracy analysis, trends of monthly shipments and forecast for meeting participants in a comprehensive and clear manner.
• To present and uphold forecast analysis at Demand Forecast Meeting.
• Based on the root cause analysis of forecast issues, explore possibilities of forecast accuracy improvement.
• Seek possibilities of improvements of forecasting procedure with regards to changing business environment; suggest and implement these changes.
• Performs other responsibilities as assigned if they are not in contradiction with this Role Profile
Key Success Factors
Accurate monthly demand plan
• Basic Marketing knowledge
• Strong understanding of Supply Chain processes, interactions and constraints
• Proven experience in planning, higher education
• Open-minded, strong creative thinking, communication and analytical skills
• Good SAP knowledge, preferably in APO, Expert in Excel and Power Point
• Good team player
• Higher/Tertiary Education
• Effective interpersonal skills
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Ltd
Apply for job
Save to basket
Conditions of use