BAT Careers - Home
Apply for job
Save to basket
Financial Planning & Reporting Manager
Paris (La Défense)
Job purpose and key deliverables
Purpose of the position
To manage the areas of Financial Planning & Reporting, Treasury, and Financial Accounting in order to ensure that the areas under her responsibility work effectively and efficiently and that the adequate control measures are in line with standing company policies, guidelines and objectives.
Key business content
- Ensure that local Statutory Reporting processes are timely & effective, and comply with local tax and legal requirements. Ensure local accounting is performed in line with group requirements (IFRS). Understands impact of French GAAPs and IFRS implications for reported results.
- To formulate financial returns (GM, QPR, Dividends, etc.) in order to meet reporting requirements.
- To analyze and control Local Company Overheads, keeping management fully informed of progress against budget.
- Lead the planning process with the engagement of the different parties involved in the process (Region, BASS, Supply Chain, budget holders, etc)
- To analyze and evaluate key Company projects as and when requested to support the company's decision making process.
- To project the Cash Flow and ensure forecast accuracy.
- Identify opportunities to leverage planning and reporting cycle efficiency, through the development and implementation of new tools, processes and ways of working especially with BAT Financial shared service center.
- Proactively identify new ways of working, and opportunities, leading to increased efficiency in the business to support the implementation of BAT Group total integration model
- Maximize the utilization of Group shared services (Accouting, planning and reporting, factoring, masterdata, treasury, tax)
- Develop close contact with the Regional Corporate Finance team
- Maintain regular contact with End Market functional areas to influence the proper budget resource allocation process
- Maximize engagement with all relevant stakeholders including, but not limited to, tax authorities and Audit team
Education and Professional experience
- Finance graduate degree
- Accounting and financial qualification (ACA, CIMA, etc) would be a plus
- 5+ years experience within a multinational environment preferably in a distribution business
- Professional level knowledge of modern accountancy and finance practices and techniques, both IFRS and French GAAP.
Strong computer skills
, user knowledge of MS Office / SAP ECC6 / SAP BPC Planning & Statutory
- High level of English both spoken and written.
- Excellent analytical capability
- Excellent overall knowledge of business development practices.
- Good understanding of all departments within the Company and of the business..
- Good economic and financial knowledge
- Good management and excellent interpersonal skills
- Capacity to engage with non Finance audience to support driving Finance strategic agenda
- Lead, motivate, inspire and develop resources under supervision to maintain a sustainable pipeline within the Finance team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco France SAS
Apply for job
Save to basket
Conditions of use