BAT Careers - Home
Apply for job
Save to basket
Assistant Finance Manager - Risk & Insurance
Job purpose and key deliverables
1. Assists in the management of insurance programmes, which includes annual review of company’s exposure, underwriting terms and rates for the following:
group term life policy for the company
hospitalisation and surgical policy for the VSS employees
2. Administers all BATM insurance and self-insurance plans relating to property, workers compensation, crime, boilers, machinery, builder's risk, overseas programs, losses, inland transit, death, medically boarded out cases, importation of leaf, wrapping materials, cigarettes and loss of money, travel accident, etc.
3. Organises annual risk survey of the Company’s premises, including Virginia Park factory and GLT Plant by international surveyor appointed by BAT global insurer
4. Coordinates efforts with Human Resources Department for the administration and purchase of employee benefits insurance programs, including but not limited to:
Process death/disability/medically boarded out claims
Process hospitalisation claims and reimbursement of claims
Annual review of Group Term Life underwriting requirements for employees who are above the NEL limits including health declaration by individual and arranging for medical examination, if necessary
Provide Travel P.A. confirmation letters to employees on business trips overseas and providing same information to underwriter on a monthly declaration
Submission of monthly headcount reporting to insurer and issuing letters requesting affected employers for medical checkup.
6. Reports losses to insurer and co-ordinates with internal stakeholders, loss adjuster, internal audit and risk management committee
7. Timely submission of claim documents and follow up closely with Legal Department, insurance companies and others in negotiating, adjusting and settling all insured or self-insured losses
8. Reviews premium bills, process payment and allocate the costs to the appropriate cost centres.
9. Maintains insurance coverage, premiums and claims records
10. Arranges adhoc coverage to meet specific requirements during festive seasons, pre-Budget and other circumstances such as commencement of EDX operations and special launches or trade promotions etc.
Enterprise Risk Management
Assists the Corporate Finance Controller to drive the Company’s formal ERM programme:
Conducts and/or coordinates regular internal or external risk audits
Tracks progress achieved on action plans to minimise risks
Communicates the company’s ERM programme components and costs to management staff and others as necessary
Preparation of presentation materials necessary for formal update to the Audit Committee periodically on the ERM programme
Maintains an efficient and effective ERM documentation system
Conducts regular simulated testing of selected risk scenarios and incorporating learning points in the BCP
Act as secretary to bi-annually RMT meetings
1. Assists in the preparation annual budget for insurance programme and provide cost allocation to respective budget holder
2. Assists Corporate Finance Manager in the forecasting and monitoring of the company’s overhead cost and liaison with budget holders on any overhead optimisation initiatives
3. Assist in the organisation training on risk management
4. Faciliate in the Risk Awareness Workshop for non-finance managers.
Financial background gained from professional certification or degree
Two (2) to three (3) years working experience in external or internal audit, with sound understanding of holistic risk management framework and their application to the business
Detailed knowledge on Business Continuity Plan principles and approach
Good knowledge on crisis management principles
Possess strong analytical skills
Business skills are important
Effective communication skills and ability to mesh well with existing management team by being proactive, challenging and a team player
Energy and passion, and able to work under pressure
Flexible about work content, self-managed and able to work independently
Knowledge on Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance and all applicable Malaysian laws and regulations would be an added advantage
Good knowledge on current and emerging business risks at macro and micro levels and their impacts on the company’s business operations
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco (Malaysia) Berhad
Apply for job
Save to basket
Conditions of use