BAT Careers - Home
Apply for job
Save to basket
Commercial Finance Executive – Global Travel Retail
Job purpose and key deliverables
British American Tobacco currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Commercial Finance Executive, to be based in our London HQ on a permanent basis.
The Commercial Finance Executive works in partnership with the business to:
• Provide commercial insights relating to future performance
• Provide structured and insightful analysis of financial and non-financial data to influence and enable strategic financial decisions.
Provides value added, commercially focused insights to the business.
Provides high quality financial information and advice to business units
Sharing insightful financial analysis showing the ﬁnancial implications of decisions and helping the business unit get approval for commercially viable business cases, budgets and investment proposals
Assist in building strong financial and commercial awareness within business units and challenge business managers to improve performance
Implements best practice planning and control techniques in line with business needs
Acts as an interface between business units and specialized finance functions as required.
• Degree educated with professional experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment, ideally within Corporate, Marketing or Operations Finance.
• Experience dealing with stakeholders.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of relevant finance tools and systems, i.e. SAP/BI/BPC.
• Broad experience in a large global organisation with in depth knowledge in specific FMCG process areas.
• Strong influencing, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in strategic analysis & planning and execution, performance metrics, project evaluation and commercial acumen.
• Ability to simplify complex situations and synthesise, communicate and present complex information.
• Insightful, comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty, pro-active, collaborative and consultative.
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Professional Qualifications: CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA/MBA
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Global Travel Retail (GTR) is responsible for managing and distributing British American Tobacco brands to global travel retail channels, in particular duty free airport retailers in Americas, WER, EEMEA and Asia Regions. The GTR business is a unique channel for true global brand building and with a customer base including more than 300 operations in 120 countries around the world.
The high complexity and global scope of the business provides an excellent opportunity for employees across all functions to accelerate their professional and personal growth.
Additionally, we offer a diverse multicultural work environment consisting of employees from 40 different nationalities.
British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Ltd
Apply for job
Save to basket
Conditions of use