| || The Company Secretarial team are seeking to recruit a member of staff to join their busy team. This is an entry level position working at Globe House and is a junior secretarial role. The Team Secretary will assist the team, and work closely with the team’s EA and the PA to Company Secretary. The ideal candidate would hold a Level 2 qualification (C&G, CILEX or similar) in a relevant capacity such as Business Administration or Legal Secretary Skills. |
- To provide a full range of IT and secretarial support using Microsoft office packages such as outlook, word, excel and edge.
- Pay invoices and monitor the finance team to ensure they pay invoices in a timely manner using the SRM system. SRM training will be provided.
- Process expenses for members of the UK subs team and the senior company secretarial assistant
- Maintain stationery cupboard and keep track of stationery, ordering new when necessary
- Assisting the PA to Company Secretary with creating hard copy Board Papers for the Main Board and Committees and Management Board and on the days of the meeting for room set up and ensuring presenters are lined up in a timely manner.
- Assisting the EA in the creation of pre-read and on-the-day meeting room assistance as and when required for committees as chaired by the Legal Counsel for Compliance.
- Ensure office records in the main section of the office are maintained, filing is done in a timely manner and new files are created and old files are archived in line with BAT company systems.
- Assisting with the archiving of emails for those who need it.
- Ensure standard lists such as of Board Committee memberships are kept up to date and distributed once updated.
- Booking meeting rooms (and ensuring they are cancelled if meeting is cancelled) for UK subs team
- Drafting basic correspondence for UK Subs team to go to Companies house
- Drafting basic responses to shareholders or forwarding correspondence on the Computershare Investor Services.
- Screens and redirects incoming communications (letters, emails, telephone calls), including shareholder queries, and actions where appropriate;
- Ad-hoc assistance to the PA to Company Secretary drafting template minutes for Board and Committee meetings
- Holiday cover for the EA and PA or cover when the EA or PA are at external meetings or events such as the Board away meetings.
- Assisting with the creation of a new Main Board and Subsidiary Committee filing system