| || 17945BR |
| || Engineer I - Innovations Development Centre |
| || Southampton |
| || Permanent |
| || Purpose of the job|
To direct and deliver technical projects involving the development of new or improvement in existing Technologies & Processes. To provide engineering and manufacturing support to project managers to meet specific and identified needs for One R&D Innovations and Product Development requirements.
Operational/ Professional/ Business
- To offer engineering solutions for new novel concepts where existing technologies require further development
- Approach to task is by selection of appropriate means learned from knowledge and experience and thorough understanding of principles and concepts.
- Ability to address new problems from 1st principles.
- Implementing the principles of ‘Best Practice’ and ensuring Technical teams are adhering to defined processes.
- To design, operate and commission where necessary, manufacturing equipment as required to produce samples to meet project requirements.
- To identify and resolve manufacturing issues with machinery and materials to ensure project critical dates are achieved.
- To carry out planned maintenance of equipment and machinery for safe operation. To record details of maintenance, sample production and trials in accordance with Technical Excellence.
- Development work supported by objective evidence and validation.
- Interpretation of data submitted for Management/ Technical Review
- Planning – medium-long term workload.
- Understands, promotes and applies their responsibilities under the EH&S policy.
- Budget – Inform forecast and adhere to financial process and controls.
- Application of formal project management.
- Provision of appropriate supervision & coaching to support others.
- Initiator or key representative in interactions with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Initiator or key representative in interactions with external stakeholders.
- Write technical reports, publications and presentations for external forums.
- Author and deliver Technical / Project reports and presentations
- Participation in industry forums & working groups
- Coach / train in Senior Technician / Senior Technologist activities.
- Identifies opportunities to apply new materials, processes to create an innovative solution
- Identifies and develops relationships with external stakeholders to create partnerships for innovations
| || |
- Education to BTEC or equivalent in engineering discipline
- experience of working in a manufacturing industry (preferably cigarette / filter manufacturing).
- Relevant technical experience resulting in a thorough knowledge of concepts, principles, methods, processes or techniques.
- We would expect someone who has been in the relevant industry
- Good awareness of technical developments in related field.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Workshop capability
| || |
- Basic IT literacy
- Ability to work in Team environment
- Good Communication / leadership skills
- Good problem solving skills
| || British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.|
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
| || British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Ltd |
| || 22-Nov-2017|