At British American Tobacco, External Affairs and Communication works with all areas of the business, focusing on commercially relevant challenges to support growth. Reputation protection and proactive regulation engagement are a fundamental for us: understanding the political and regulatory framework in which we operate; powerful industry alignment; and getting harm reduction on the policy agenda.
As an External Affairs and Communication Manager, the successful candidate will shape the external business environment, so as to ensure business growth. They will actively manage all important stakeholders, have an overview of political and regulatory situation and maintain close cooperation with the Government and state bodies in developing regulations relevant to free and competitive tobacco market.
- Drive and develop the necessary regulations, reputation and communications strategy for Algeria with support for Morocco and Tunisia.
- Ensure that BAT becomes the partner of choice for the Government and takes a leading role as appropriate within the industry as well as amongst key allies on tobacco control issues including excise, illicit trade, harm reduction, etc.;
- Track and understand political changes, estimating the pace of changes, consequences and impact on tobacco business
- Establish contacts with key decision makers in order to secure that British American Tobacco pre-empt possible changes in regulations and act properly and recognized by the Government / Public authorities as a responsible partner in shaping tobacco regulations in a sensible manner.
- Lead regulatory engagement, drive corporate responsibility and corporate communications to shape a favourable business environment.
- Play a key role in the support of company the Leadership Team, ensuring whole business approach to managing reputation and regulation issues.
- Lead the continuous improvement of management of regulation & organizational responses to challenges.