BAT Careers - Home
Apply for job
Save to basket
Area Sales MANAGER
Job purpose and key deliverables
• Develop and implement the trade marketing strategy for BE, in line with the marketing strategy, by coaching and accompaniment of the Trade Marketing Representatives, in order to excite and train the retailers on the BAT portfolio, with the end goal to grow on volume and market share.
• Area Territory Management responsibility
Be able to coach and guide TMR’s, in order to excite and train retailers and/or their staff on all 1-2-1 principles
i. Selling out activities
ii. Staff activation
Trade marketing basics (distribution, visibility, OOS, Coverage etc)
Optimal customer classification (ATSM)
Optimal database management
Contract Negotiation and follow up
• Manage, direct, coach, appraise and develop an efficient and effective Sales Representative team through on-job training, motivation and staff development in order to deliver brand and trade programmes that are superior to the competition in respect of both core and added value services, create an efficient company culture and organisational structure which promotes a winning organisation and establish succession planning for BAT (BE).
• Ensure that Trade Marketing Representatives and trade partners are well-trained and aligned with BAT’s International Marketing Standards and all Corporate Guidelines in order to ensure that Trade Marketing Representatives and trade partners are able to:
• Coordinate and manage budget for trade programmes for their territory,
• Coordinate the productivity & cost optimisation of the territory(trade spend effectiveness in the territory),
• Coordinate budget for trade programmes developed for BE and nationwide operational expenses,
• Coordinate the productivity & cost optimisation (trade spend effectiveness in BE).
• Manage legal and business issues ensuring that contracts and procedures are written and negotiated in line with internal control procedures and legal requirements, minimising commercial risks, in order to work consistently according the BAT guidelines.
Demonstrates and excellent understanding and execution of strategy and planning. Translates this to cycle plans and coaches and steers this to TMR’s in the area of understanding and implementation.
Drives development and execution of annual coverage. Describes possible problems in this area and takes care for solutions.
Understands fully the Account Management strategy. Able to translate this to independent strategy.
Ensures that all desired information is available to drive business, held performance review and support people.
Advises on the best materials and ensures that quality of execution is outstanding.
. Other Knowledge Skills and Experience
Higher education, by preference within commercial Economy, with minimum 2 years experience in commercial roles in comparable business environments.
Verbal and written fluent in English, Dutch and French.
Proved selling and relationship skills.
Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
Computer literacy (Windows office, DB software (Siebel)).
Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
People Management skills.
Consumer engagement and understanding of the consumer decision tree.
Ability to develop strategies and translate them into clear action plans
Open for changes and challenges to drive business.
Knowledge and understanding of Marketing principles and approaches.
Retailer knowledge and understanding in a broad perspective.
Drive and commitment to achieve outstanding results
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco Belgium S.A.
Apply for job
Save to basket
Conditions of use