| || 20016BR |
| || Senior Technology Developer |
| || Southampton |
| || Permanent |
| || Overview|
The tobacco category is changing rapidly. There is an opportunity to help define and shape the future of the industry working in a highly energetic and influential team of innovators and product developers specifically focussed on next generation and breakthrough product concepts.
Working alongside the Research & Development, Commercial and Marketing communities, the ideal candidate will work with a team of technologists, product developers and engineers to identify and develop early stage ideas and concepts into products and prototypes, helping to push BAT forward as the global leader in the Next Generation Product (NGP) category.
The role will be based in Southampton, England at the company’s Global R&D Centre with regular travel within the UK and occasional overseas travel.
- To provide robust and supportable technical insights that may improve the current tobacco and nicotine innovation pipeline.
- Drive the identification of game-changing technologies and recommend strategies to lead in the identification of technical enablers to assist in the creation of new concepts and ideas in the NGP category.
- To manage, lead and develop talent within the new technology team.
- Lead and direct a team of up to three technology developers/technologists/engineers.
- Lead the transfer of projects into NGP Discovery teams and onwards into category Product development teams.
- Develop and maintain an industry leading network of intelligence providers.
- Ensure accurate budget management and tracking for development activities within the assigned responsibilities/projects in the team.
- Ensure the Intellectual Property strategy is delivered against Discovery phase work and that any technology or process is adequately protected in line with the wider group’s IP strategy.
| || Experience|
- Science, Engineering degree, or equivalent experience in Product Development.
- Experience in managing product development projects in a FMCG category.
- Extensive experience in technology scouting
- World class network of industry and ex-industry technology partners.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of consumer-product insights and product research.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to influence key senior level stakeholders
| || |
| || British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.|
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
| || British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Ltd |
| || 05-Mar-2018|