To provide legal services, in term of corporate, regulations, secretary and litigation to VINA-BAT JV Company and its Trading Branch (together, “the Company”) in order that the Company can:
1. achieve its missions and objectives to be the number one FMCG company in Vietnam; and
2. help the BAT Group attain leadership of the global tobacco industry through measures to improve productivity, growth, responsibility and create a winning organisation.
1. Providing legal opinions, advising legal/regulatory issues, preparing/finalizing legal documents for day-to-day works of corporate services including HR, IT, Supply Chain and Finance departments.
2. Participating actively in problem-solving and decision-making in all areas of the business;
3. In charge of compliance issues and provide training of the same (such as record management, standards of business conducts and contract management policy) for the Company.
4. In charge of the Company’s secretaries works including changing of key personnel and reports for the same.
5. Provide legal and corporate commercial advice on daily and ad hoc operational and business issues, in particular supporting the Senior Legal Counsel in his/her end market responsibilities in Vietnam.
6. Providing supports and/or back-up to other legal counsels in BAT Vietnam legal department.
7. Assisting junior members of the legal team (e.g. Legal Executive) and providing coaching and on job training to such subordinates to ensure the spirit of team work and motivation.
8. Representing the Company in litigation in relation to corporate services (if any).
9. Training and assisting in know how development for the Company.
10. Instructing and managing outside law firms in Vietnam and overseas, where applicable.