To provide legal services, in term of corporate, regulations and compliance for BAT Vietnam entities (together, “the Company”) in order that the Company can:
1. achieve its missions and objectives to be the number one FMCG company in Vietnam; and
2. help the BAT Group attain leadership of the global tobacco industry through measures to improve productivity, growth, responsibility and create a winning organization.
1. Provides legal analysis, and coordinate with Regional and Global team in relation to in relation to draft regulations affecting BAT’s business in Vietnam;
2. Prepare position paper or support Senior Legal Counsel in preparing position papers for the Company or the industry in relation to draft regulations affecting BAT’s business in Vietnam;
3. Support the Engagement Team during the engagement process to advocate for the Company’s positions;
4. Facilitate and maintain regular Regulation Committee Meeting (including facilitating the meeting, coordinating and getting comments from with other functions in the Company, organizing and driving agenda, drafting and maintaining meeting minutes);
5. In charge of drafting and/or coordinating legal and regulation update reports to Region and Global and providing regulatory updates to the Legal team.
6. In charge of compliance issues (such as record management, standards of business conducts, contract management policy, international marketing principles) for the Company.
7. In charge of company’s secretaries works for the Company including changing of key personnel and reports for these entities.
8. Provide legal opinions, advising legal/regulatory issues, preparing/finalizing legal documents (including contracts) for day-to-day works of corporate services;
9. Provides legal advice and support Senior Legal Counsel in relation to advising Marketing on their activities, plan and strategies as well as competitors’ activities;
10. Participating in cross-functional projects and audits when required;
11. Providing supports and/or back-up to other legal counsels in BAT Vietnam legal department.
12. Representing the Company in litigation in relation to corporate services (if any).
13. Training and assisting in know how development for the Company.