We have a great opportunity for a Senior Quality Innovation Manager - NGP (Next Generation Products) to join our Quality team based in Southampton. The purpose of the role is to develop the quality assurance framework and product quality standards for key innovation projects that form the Global product pipeline.
This role enables quality to be built into design, development and commercialisation for product and process through advanced Quality planning and excellence in innovation deployment.
The role holder may be required to travel to China 5-10 times per year.
- Participates in technical development and delivery of innovation as a lead for the Quality workstream through concept, design, development and commercialisation stages.
- The role holder contributes to Quality being integrated into each project deliverables and also specific Quality protocols.
- Identifies and develops the Critical to Quality (CtQ) requirements for innovative products based on product concept, brand quality expectation and consumers research findings into a Quality Requirement Specification (QRS).
- Applies advanced quality planning tools based on APQP for design, development and qualification of new products and builds the Quality Plan for each innovation.
- Works with the technical team to develop the Design Verification Plan & Report and the required test methods to support.
- Support prototype development & manufacture and review and approve based on validation testing.
- Input into the selection, assessment and qualification of supplier quality capability in line with BAT requirements and develop and agree Quality Agreement.
- Supports qualification of new technology & process and reviews & approves process capability and process validation reports. Where required, review and approve PPAPs.
- Provides input and governance for Technical Reviews & Technical Approvals from Quality.
- Transition innovation projects into BAU following commercialisation.
- Supports development and embedding of Quality tools across all technical areas within innovation development and deployment (internal and external).
- Inputs into the development of the Quality Management System by identifying new elements or required modifications driven by the innovation portfolio and projects learnings.
- Input into the continued development and improvement of the Quality Innovation team and delivery of its KPIs.
This role is specific to NGP (Next Generation Products) which includes electronic devices (Vape or Tobacco Heating Products) and consumables (liquids, cartomisers or tobacco sticks).
As Quality is contributing to ensuring end to end successful launches, the role needs to work closely with multiple stakeholders. Externally this is key suppliers for device or consumables and internally this is R&D, Marketing and Operations (Manufacturing, Procurement, Supply Chain).