The Junior Manager serves as an independent contributor within the UK Reporting Cluster. The Cluster provides accounting, management, statutory reporting and forecasting activities to internal customers, with a focus on the following core specific areas: UK companies Statutory Reporting, Central overheads analysis and reporting, Technical and Advisory recharge calculation and reporting, Trademark royalties recharges, Dividends accounting and reporting, Share Scheme accounting and reporting, Fixed Assets reconciliation.
- Prepare quarterly reporting of actual costs, forecast (QPR) and annual budget: profit and loss, balance sheet, cashflow and net debt statements for BAT p.l.c. Provide explanations on variances.
- Monthly reconciliation of P&L and balance accounts in SAP ledgers for BAT p.l.c.
- Prepare the short and long term cash forecast (BATCASH) for BAT p.l.c.
- Manage the Dividends reporting process and ensure compliance to Group dividend policy;
- Ensure the dividend revaluations, accruals and foreign exchange is accurately accounted for in SAP
- Work with Line Manager to produce the annual dividend cascade exercise to involve reviewing of reserves across all UK holdings companies determining whether these can be distributed and dividends paid. To produce necessary board notes, interim accounts and back up to ensure optimum dividend payment cascade.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts when needed.
- Work closely with the UK HR and Intercompany Global Team to recharge the share scheme costs from Head Office to subsidiaries.