Due to changing, global regulatory requirements which affect all tobacco and tobacco-related elements in our growing product portfolio, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Technical Specialist 1 (Regulatory Compliance - NTP) to join a leading FMCG business on a permanent basis. Predominately within this role, you will be responsible for the compilation, maintenance and submission of summary documentation in accordance with the requirements of country specific regulation (for example, the EU Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) 2014/40/EU) and other applicable regulations as necessary, thereby ensuring delivery of the commercial launch plans in various markets to the agreed timelines. The role is also expected to ensure that the appropriate rigour and review is applied to understand, validate and confirm that the end market reporting requirements (as provided by LEX and the Product Compliance Team) are accurately translated into the final submission.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
• A good first degree in a relevant scientific discipline and/or expertise developed with a positive track record.
• Strong, fundamentally sound Project Management Knowledge, as evidenced from previous experience, with ability to accurately capture project/work progress for the purposes of traceability, planning, communication and auditing
• Working knowledge of regulatory formats, technical files and design dossiers would be an advantage
• Ability to demonstrate projects undertaken have been satisfactorily completed within agreed timescales.
• Ability to manage upwards effectively and assertively, as well as within the peer group, to acquire the necessary information, and help drive and inform the decision-making process by the appropriately placed people (both at the senior and junior level)
• Possess computer competency in Microsoft office software, data collection and general analysis tools; Microsoft Excel proficiency particularly preferred
• Strong organization skills, with proven track record in managing large amounts of data whilst maintaining a meticulous level of accuracy (‘eye for detail’).
• Ability to work independently, but also able to engage and influence within a more complex matrix structure where no reporting lines exist
• Excellent written and verbal reasoning skills.
• Able to deal proactively and confidently when faced with a high level of ambiguity and tight time constraints
• Good awareness of FMCG business operations
Key Success Factors
• Regulatory reporting and submission documents are delivered to the relevant competent authorities on schedule and to the expected level of governance
• Clear process planning and tracking that identifies request requirements and resources
• Lead and, where appropriate, coach multifunctional technical teams to ensure delivery and full compliance of all necessary technical and dossier elements for submission
• Provide technical expertise in support of market submissions
• Delivery of customer service level expectations (timeliness, accuracy, traceability)
Product Compliance Team
Central Product Team (NTP)
Global and Central IT
Global and Regional NPI Teams
Marketing (Global, Regional & Local end markets)
Consumer Product Managers
Consumer Product Safety (‘Product Stewardship’)
External Service Suppliers
- Base salary from £33,600 to £42,000 per year, depending of relevant experience
- Bonus target 12.5% of annual base salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Participation in Discretionary Company Bonus Scheme
- Participation in Company Share Reward Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare Cover
- Eligibility for Company Flexible Benefits Scheme