The Product Compliance Assessment team are accountable for products adherence to laws, regulations, guidelines, specifications and company standards. The Product Compliance team work closely with business, legal, consumer product safety and product functions to provide expertise on Regulatory & Product compliance matters, assess and measure compliance and related risks.
The job holder will be able to understand e-cigarette and THP regulatory requirements in regards to REACH and CLP, and determine compliance with these and best practice requirements where information is currently available. Where information is not immediately available, to escalate identified issues to the correct stakeholders as appropriate and required to determine compliance.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
• A good first degree in a relevant scientific discipline and/or expertise developed with a positive track record.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to influence key stakeholders and external suppliers and capable of conveying complex technical requirements across the organisation.
• Understanding of the business strategy including those for Global Drive Brands, and Product and a clear understanding of how Central Product and GR&D Teams support and contribute to these strategies
• Strong, fundamentally sound Project Management Knowledge, as evidenced from previous experience, with ability to accurately capture project/work progress for the purposes of traceability, planning, communication and auditing.
• Ability to manage upwards effectively and assertively, as well as within the peer group, to acquire the necessary information, and help drive and inform the decision-making process by the appropriately placed people (both at the senior and junior level).
• Strong organization skills, with proven track record in managing large amounts of data whilst maintaining a meticulous level of accuracy (‘eye for detail’).
• Ability to work independently, but also able to engage and influence within a more complex matrix structure where no reporting lines exist.
• Strong team player, and an effective, clear & concise communicator both orally and written.
• Excellent written and verbal reasoning skills.
• Able to deal proactively and confidently when faced with a high level of ambiguity and tight time constraints.
• Good awareness of FMCG business operations.
Key Success Factors
• REACH Compliance activities, assessments and global reporting for the entire NGP portfolio are directed and delivered on schedule to the defined plan and expected governance.
• Lead and, where appropriate, coach multifunctional technical teams to ensure delivery and full Product REACH compliance of all materials and products.
• Delivery of customer service level expectations (innovation, quality, risk management, supply).
Central Product Teams, including Product Compliance
Global and Regional NPI and Nexus Teams
Consumer Product Managers
Consumer Product Safety
Product Centers and Factories
- Base salary from £43,200 to £54,000 per year, depending of relevant experience
- Bonus target 15% of annual base salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Participation in Discretionary Company Bonus Scheme
- Participation in Company Share Reward Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare Cover
- Eligibility for Company Flexible Benefits Scheme