| || 22624BR |
| || Product Developer II - Consumable Format & Process |
| || Southampton |
| || Permanent |
| || Job Purpose |
To lead product development activities within a Tobacco Heating Product (THP) project in the development and delivery of high potential inhalable non-combustible tobacco products. This is done through translation of the commercial needs for the product into an effective technological brief that is then delivered with the support of internal and external resources.
The role is responsible for the delivery of an assigned portfolio of projects and activities within the NGP product development plan which requires the coordination of internal and external stakeholders in alignment with the Principal Development Managers (THP) and Manufacturing Managers (SC) to support delivery of the commercial vision for the product are key aspects of this role.
To integrate the THP, R&D, Commercial, Product, Quality and Supply Chain requirements for product development and then support those functions during commercialization.
Through the application of sound technical and engineering principals, this role ensures that these products are delivered in line with best practices for new product development and are supported by robust science.
- Lead on the assigned development activities (New Products or Product Modifications etc.) based on an agreed plan to include consumer preferences, NGP strategy, and regulatory compliance requirements
- Promote and integrate ways of working within the development team
- Work closely with the Principal Product Development Manager to implement and plan the development strategy of future NGP generations
- Lead the product engineering to NGP – Quality team and NGP R&D THP team and NPI on issues requiring resolution for deployed / development projects
- Lead the development activities for the assigned responsibilities within the team
- Support the Principal Product Development Manager, where required
- Ensure accurate budget management and tracking for development activities within the assigned responsibilities/projects in the team
- Ensure on time and in full delivery of specifications for new product and/or product modifications
- Escalate risks and issues in a timely and appropriate manor
Key Success Factors
- Delivery of Development priorities against the plan within assigned responsibility
- Activity/project budget accuracy within assigned responsibility
- Customer requirements are delivered on time in full for assigned responsibilities within the cell to allow commercial objectives can be met.
- Senior International Brand Manager - NGP
- Innovation Technology
- IBG Product Managers
- Global Make
- Global and Regional/ Local NPI teams
- R&D Services Team
- NGP & Ops Supply Chain Team
- NGP & Ops Quality teams
- 3rd party device development partners
- 3rd Party suppliers of materials and services
| || Skills and Experience:|
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, science or related subject
- Detailed knowledge and experience of FMEA risk assessment product quality planning processes
- Knowledge of PMD and SMD cigarette manufacturing processes; ability to design experiments and conduct product development work packages within these domains
- Planning and implementation skills
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects
- Detailed knowledge and experience of consumer-product insights and product research
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to influence key stakeholders up to senior level
| || |
| || British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.|
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
| || British American Tobacco (Investments) Ltd |
| || 27-May-2018|