The PwC Deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all graduate programmes offer the same deal: the opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build relationships that will stay with you for life.
Our graduate training programme is underpinned by a development framework that broadens and deepens your knowledge. You'll learn from hands-on coaching and an outstanding variety of work. You'll gain business, personal and technical skills you can use across the business and throughout your career.
All our people need to demonstrate skills and behaviours that will support us in implementing our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework: The PwC Professional.
The training contract is a five year learnership contract with a registered training office.
During your learnership with PwC, you will be able to put into practice the theory you have learned at university. You will work in a challenging business environment, travelling to clients on most days, and you will interact with people on various levels.
You may apply for a training contract at any time during your studies.
Competencies / Skills:
If you are in Grade 12:
- Must be studying towards or intending to study towards a qualification as a Chartered Accountants (CA) SA at a University accredited by SAICA (the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants).
- Proficient in Afrikaans and English with strong communication skills.
- Must be deadline driven.
- Pay keen attention to detail.
- Participating in extramural activities at school and/or university will be advantageous.
- Good interpersonal skills, drive, determination and leadership potential are important.
- Candidate will be required to serve a 5 year training contract with the firm while completing their degree and post graduate studies through UNISA.
- The candidate will be required to make a minimum of one year academic progress in every two calendar years.
- You must be writing for a matric exemption and university acceptance.
- Your subjects must include Mathematics and English (Maths Literacy does not qualify).
- You must be getting over 60% for all your subjects.
- You must be registered with UNISA
Students must maintain a consistently good academic record at university and pass the required number of subjects in each academic year to PwC's satisfaction.
- Students already at University must obtain consistent passes in all subjects.
Candidate would be required to manage their time through an electronic timekeeping system (timesheets), and be responsible for monitoring the costs on the client jobs assigned to him/her. On completion of each job, the candidate will be required to prepare cost analysis
- Perform audit procedures at various clients in different industries to express an opinion on their financial records.
- Work closely with the audit team to ensure client deadlines are met.
During your learnership, you will gain experience in the following fields:
- Business information systems
- Financial management
- Secretarial systems
- Taxation and estates
We know that the skills and experiences you gain with us will stay with you throughout your career. So join PwC. We'll help you to reach your full potential.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.